APPLICATION scope is used for setting the information at application level, i.e.
- Application variables are set when the application starts.
- Information is set in the variables with application scope, mostly in the Application.cfc
- Information stored in an application variable is available from anywhere within the application
- The values of variables declared in
application scope never changes throughout the lifecycle of the application
- Information like datasource for connecting the database, email server information, etc. is stored in the application scope since this information remains the same throughout the application.
<cfset application.myEmailServer = "127.0.0.1" />
CF Script EXAMPLE :
application myEmailServer = "127.0.0.1";
APPLICATION scope Documentation: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/Developing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec0c35c-7fec.html